Surveyor of the Year
PLSC SURVEYOR OF THE YEAR
IN ORDER TO ACKNOWLEDGE THOSE MEMBERS OF PLSC WHO GIVE OF THEMSELVES IN A SPECIAL WAY BY THEIR EXCEPTIONAL CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE SURVEYING PROFESSION AND OUTSTANDING SERVICE TO THE PUBLIC.
IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS RECOGNITION MEANINGFUL:
An award may be formally presented at the Annual Meeting or other appropriate event to the PLSC "SURVEYOR OF THE YEAR." The person selected shall be chosen in accordance with the following guidelines:
1. Shall be a registered, professional surveyor whose registration is current and in full force and effect and shall be a member of PLSC, Inc., in good standing. (Need not be licensed in the State of Colorado.)
2. Shall be nominated by a PLSC Chapter or by a voting member of PLSC. The nominator shall submit a brief resume of the nominee's qualifications and accomplishments to the PLSC Awards Committee by December 15th of a given year to be eligible for awards designated for that year.
3. Shall be selected by ballot of the PLSC Board of Directors at least thirty days prior to the presentation of the award.
typical attributes to be considered are:
- Demonstration of extraordinary leadership abilities while responding to the needs of the membership.
- Use of innovation and originality in the accomplishment of complex surveying projects.
- Firm adherence to the highest degrees of professional conduct and standards.
- Singular accomplishment of special assignments and obligations in the promotion of the surveying profession.
The PLSC "SURVEYOR OF THE YEAR" award shall consist of an engraved plaque, or other award judged appropriate by the PLSC Board of Directors.
Revisions to these criteria shall be by approval of the PLSC Board of Directors.
Proper notice shall be provided for an announcement of the selected candidate in SIDE SHOTS. Along with their picture will be an article describing the surveyor's achievements. Each PLSC Chapter will be encouraged to publicize this announcement as well as to give local recognition to their nominee.
Jan Van Sickle-2013