PLSC HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP
IN ORDER TO ACKNOWLEDGE THOSE MEMBERS OF PLSC WHO GIVE OF THEMSELVES IN A SPECIAL WAY BY THEIR PROMINENT AND CONSPICUOUS SERVICE TO THE SURVEYING PROFESSION, TO THE PUBLIC AND TO THEIR COMMUNITY.
IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS RECOGNITION MEANINGFUL:
A PLSC "HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP” award/s may be given at the Annual Meeting or other suitable events to those who have been selected in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Shall be a registered, professional surveyor whose registration is current and in full force and effect and shall be a member of PLSC, Inc., in good standing. (Need not be licensed in the State of Colorado.)
- Shall be nominated by a PLSC Chapter or by a voting member of PLSC. The nominator shall submit a resume of the nominee's qualifications and accomplishments to the PLSC Awards Committee by December 15th of a given year to be eligible for awards designated for that year.
- Shall be selected by ballot of the PLSC Board of Directors at least thirty days prior to the presentation of the award.
SOME typical attributes to be considered are:
- An outstanding and distinguished career as a professional surveyor.
- Development of an exceptional reputation because of many contributions to surveying related and community minded issues.
All Past Presidents of PLSC, Inc. shall be eligible for PLSC "HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP" upon completion of their terms.
Honorary Life Members will retain all privileges of their current membership classification, whether Voting, Associate or Retired with all the benefits befitting these classifications.
The PLSC "HONORARY LIFE MEMBERSHIP" award shall consist of an engraved plaque, or other award judged appropriate by the PLSC Board of Directors.
Revisions to this proposal shall be by approval of the PLSC Board of Directors.
Appropriate notice shall be provided for an announcement of the selected candidate in SIDE SHOTS. Along with their picture will be an article describing the surveyor's achievements. Each PLSC Chapter will be encouraged to publicize this announcement.
||Bonna Kay McComber
||J. B. Guyton