Citizen-Surveyor of the Year
PLSC CITIZEN-SURVEYOR OF THE YEAR
IN ORDER TO ACKNOWLEDGE THOSE MEMBERS OF PLSC WHO GIVE OF THEMSELVES IN A SPECIAL WAY BY THEIR PERFORMANCE OF HIGHLY BENEFICIAL SERVICES TO THE SURVEYING PROFESSION AND TO THE COMMUNITY.
IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS RECOGNITION MEANINGFUL:
An award may be formally presented at the Annual Meeting or other appropriate event to the PLSC "CITIZEN-SURVEYOR OF THE YEAR." The person. selected shall be chosen in accordance with the following guidelines:
1. Shall be a registered professional surveyor in the State of Colorado whose registration is current and in full force and effect, and shall be a voting member of PLSC, Inc., in good standing.
2. Shall be nominated by a PLSC Chapter or by a voting member of PLSC. The nominator shall submit a brief resume of the nominee's qualifications and accomplishments to the PLSC Awards Committee by December 15th of a given year to be eligible for awards designated for that year.
3. Shall be selected by ballot of the PLSC Board of Directors at least thirty days prior to the presentation of the award.
typical attributes to be considered are:
- Continued involvement in service related activities within the community.
- Effective furtherance of public awareness as to the function of surveying.
- Evinced ability to make a difference by work, concern and consideration.
- Long-standing commitment to the development and advancement of the surveying profession.
The PLSC "CITIZEN-SURVEYOR OF THE YEAR" award shall consist of an engraved plaque or other award judged appropriate by the PLSC Board of Directors.
Revisions to these criteria shall be by approval of the PLSC Board of Directors.
Proper notice shall be provided for an announcement of the selected candidate in SIDE SHOTS. Along with their picture will be an article describing the surveyor's achievements. Each PLSC Chapter will be encouraged to publicize this announcement as well as to give local recognition to their nominee.
2017 - David Pehr, Esq.
2013 - Alan Blair
2012 - Paul Lukacovic
2011 - Jonathan M. Kobylarz
2010 - Christian Muller
2009 - Warren Andrews
2009 - Ed Bristow
2008 - Dan Smith
2007 - Randy Zanon
2007 - Dan Smith
2006 - Randy Bloom